Certainly the best way to avoid never having to research how to find the best ringworm treatment is to avoid ever catching the infection. However, this is often easier said than done and all people are susceptible to ringworm if exposed to it. The good thing is that there are some pretty straightforward rules and habits to follow which will prevent you ever catching the infection in the first place. Use these helpful tips to avoid coming into contact with agents that can spread the ringworm infection:
- NEVER make skin-to-skin contact with a person currently infected with ringworm. This is a sure-fire way to catch the infection and is why wrestlers often spread the infection from one person to the next.
- Avoid using combs, brushes, personal care items or clothing if they are not yours. Ringworm is quite contagious so this is an easy way for fungal infections to be passed along.
- Always wear shower sandals when using common bathrooms and showers. These types of moist environments are where fungus thrives and spreads from carrier to carrier.
- Monitor your dogs and cats. Ringworm is common among domestic animals and can be easily passed to humans.
If you have already been infected with a ringworm infection be sure to take these steps immediately to avoid the condition worsening:
- If you detect that you’ve contracted the ringworm infection, choose a reputable ringworm treatment and begin immediately.
- Treatment should start as early as possible to avoid the infection getting worse or spreading to the nails and turning into a toenail fungus infection.